Windows 11 Notifications

General Discussion about ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro
Download videos from 30.000+ websites with Link Finder
Danv
Advanced Member
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Windows 11 Notifications

Post by Danv »

When I turn Windows notifications off for ChrisPC Videotube Downloader, the setting only sticks until the next time that I launch the program.

VideoTube gives me notifications whenever I run the program and it still has pending downloads, and whenever I copy a Youtube link to the clipboard (I use the clipboard monitor).

I don't want these notifications, but I can't get them to stop coming. I have tried to disable them both from the notification pop-up itself, and using Settings > Notifications > Notifications From Apps and Other Senders > ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader. Both methods work, but only for the current session.

I'm using ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro v14.22.1119 on Win 11 Pro 64b (but this also happened in earlier versions).

Do other users see the same problem? Any help would be appreciated!
Danv
Advanced Member

Re: Windows 11 Notifications

Post by Danv »

Any news..? It would be nice if the next version remembers the 'no notifications' status.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

The settings you tried were system based, in your case Windows 11. We can't control those settings.

Do you want to hide all notifications made by the software or only some of them ?
Danv
Advanced Member

Post by Danv »

Chris wrote: 20 Feb 2023, 10:23 The settings you tried were system based, in your case Windows 11. We can't control those settings.
I understand, but the strange thing is that I can disable notifications from all other programs (so far), just not those from YT Downloader. It's as if it is somehow circumventing detection. Or maybe win11 doesn't recognize it anymore after a reboot (I can disable the notifications but only for the current Windows session). If it would help if I check some place in my registry for a setting, please let me know.
Do you want to hide all notifications made by the software or only some of them ?
I think I'd prefer to turn them all off. There's usually one at startup (about videos on the download list that haven't been downloaded yet) but the annoying ones are when I copy a video URL to the clipboard and it is automatically put on the download list. Sometimes I quickly copy ten or twenty video URLs in a row, and then the notifications tend to get in the way.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Version 14.23.0303 has the option to disable notification when adding videos/playlists, check Advanced Settings tab.
Danv
Advanced Member

Post by Danv »

Great, thanks very much!!
Danv
Advanced Member

Post by Danv »

It works very well, and some important notifications are still getting through (like when a delayed download is starting). Thanks again!

I have a small, unrelated request that is not important enough to open a new topic for: I really like that VideoTube Downloader gives me a warning when I add a file that has already been downloaded. But it would be nice if it could also issue a warning when I add a file that has not been downloaded yet, but that is on the list already.