Videotube Downloader Pro crashing with drag & drop

General Discussion about ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro
Download videos from 30.000+ websites with Link Finder
Danv
Advanced Member
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Videotube Downloader Pro crashing with drag & drop

Post by Danv »

I'm using Videotube Downloader Pro 14.24.0217 on Win 11 Pro 64b.

When I drag and drop a Youtube video from my browser (Firefox) into Videotube Downloader, the new thread (entry in the download list) that is created will sometimes crash. The main program itself continues to function (for some time anyway).

The videos that I drag and drop are actually thumbnails that Youtube shows in the Subscriptions feed, in Notifications, in Searches and in individual channels.

The error message says:

Exception EAccessViolation in module ChrisPCTube.exe at 000D5F98.
Access violation at address 00908B51 in module 'ChrisPCTube.exe'
Read of address 00000000.

I do not know which specific condition causes the crash. It does not depend on which video is drag & dropped (after the crash, when I drag & drop the same video once more, it works fine) . I think the only way to reproduce it is to simply drag and drop a whole bunch of videos, one after the other, into the Videotube Downloader. On my system, it will usually crash after 5 to 15 attempts.
Danv
Advanced Member

Re: Videotube Downloader Pro crashing with drag & drop

Post by Danv »

(I thought that it had something to do with my using QBittorrent, but that's not the case after all. When I run Videotube Downloader on its own, it still crashes with the error shown in my first message. It has become very hard to use.)
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Please update to latest version 14.24.0224 there should be no issues.
Danv
Advanced Member

Post by Danv »

Chris wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 07:07 Please update to latest version 14.24.0224 there should be no issues.
Thanks Chris! I'm at 94 videos and no crashes yet, so I think you've done it again! Thanks much!