Ati Theater 550 Pro, Sapphire Theatrix 550 Pro

Solve your ChrisTV PVR related problems ( Read this before you post )
Also please check the Tips&Tricks Forum, you might find a fix for your problem.
Porzeczek
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by Porzeczek »

bodytank @ Sep 24 2005, 04:42 wrote: Have you got any sound in other application?
yes i have :) winamp plays songs ;-)

However, I encountered another problem!
The sound and image is not synchronize!
The sound is delay a little bit.
at this moment i can't say how it works in christv ;>
in powercinema sometimes i have a little delay. ;-)
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Make sure that your country is set correcly in ChrisTV Wizard.
Also Enable in Program Settings->Driver Settings->Advanced :
1. Use alternative channel frequency setting ( for some TV Cards)
2. Use special frequency tunning (for some TV Cards - MSI TV@nywhere)
And restart.
Porzeczek

Post by Porzeczek »

Chris @ Sep 24 2005, 10:59 wrote: Make sure that your country is set correcly in ChrisTV Wizard.
Also Enable in Program Settings->Driver Settings->Advanced :
1. Use alternative channel frequency setting ( for some TV Cards)
2. Use special frequency tunning (for some TV Cards - MSI TV@nywhere)
And restart.
both are checked, but i've checked 'force country changing according to the tv channel video standard' too and.. success! i can hear sound on tv :)
it's possible that i've checked some other option, but sorry, i don't remember what..

okay, sound is working but now there are three little problems ('little' means: i can live with that ;> )

first: when ChrisTV starts, last used channel has no, or noised sound - solution: choose another tv channel - now sound is working ok.

second: delay of sound - sometimes little, sometimes bigger.

three: when tv shows white screen, sound has distortion.

so, one success, three little problems, that's not bad i think :D :D :D

Thanks for your help, Chris! :)
acglj

Post by acglj »

I noticed even more sound problems using 4.70 Pro Trial version.
-During Live preview mode the sound is a little noisy (can hear some spikes from time to time -it shouldn't be a problem of tunning)
-There is no sound during hardware MPEG2 recording. To be more specific - there are only sound spikes (timeshift play gives clear sound).
-I can confirm that there is random time shift between video and audio, after recording or timeshift play the sound seems to match picture

During this test:
-Use live preview without hardware MPEG encoding is On
-Force audio output is On.

Additional question: does ChrisTV support DD2.0 recording? I can't see this option.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
acglj

Post by acglj »

Comment to Porzeczek:

have similar settings, have the same experience with sound, and also living in Poland.
I tried the setting for Poland, Romania and Scandinavian Countries (they also use Nicam as a audio standard). You always have sound at the start when you choose Romania.
Depending on the setting of Force Country changing according to TV Video Channel Standard:
-when the setting is off -for Norway, Sweden, etc. the sound can be heard only for channels with Nicam, noise for others, -for Poland always noise, -for Romania there is sound for all the channels
-when the setting is on -for Scandinavian Countries and Poland the sound appears after changing the channel in ChrisTV, -for Romania there is sound at the start

The conclusion is that for Poland we sould set Romania :-) But I am a little afraid if Nicam coded sound is supported for that setting.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Please check this Step by Step Guide for configuring ChrisTV to work with your ATI Theater 550 PRO Card :
http://forum.chris-tv.com/index.php?showtopic=1827

@acglj
What do you mean by DD2.0 recording ?
acglj

Post by acglj »

Please look at the specification of Sapphire Theatrix card http://www.sapphiretech.com/en/products ... p?gpid=114
On of the "hot features" is Dolby Digital 2 channel encoding. I hope they mean hardware encoding. However I didn't find any confirmation on ATI page.
Porzeczek

Post by Porzeczek »

acglj: yes, you have right, with country setting Romania sound works perfectly at program start. :D

thanks! ;-)
Reddwarf

Post by Reddwarf »

Porzeczek @ Sep 26 2005, 21:07 wrote: acglj: yes, you have right, with country setting Romania sound works perfectly at program start. :D

thanks! ;-)
BUT, it does NOT work in Norway, I still have problems with sound-delay. Awaiting solution... ;)
Porzeczek

Post by Porzeczek »

Reddwarf @ Sep 26 2005, 21:41 wrote: BUT, it does NOT work in Norway, I still have problems with sound-delay. Awaiting solution... ;)
from time to time (not always) helps enabling 'activate FFDshow filter' in 'video Rendering and improvment settings' (you must have ffdshow filter installed - i've used latest from http://user33.at.infoseek.co.jp/)

but i don't know, how long this solution works ok :|