How can i get "real" 16:9-Picture?

Solve your ChrisTV PVR related problems ( Read this before you post )
Also please check the Tips&Tricks Forum, you might find a fix for your problem.
Torni
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

How can i get "real" 16:9-Picture?

Post by Torni »

Hi. Using WinXP Professional and a Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150, I started a trial of ChrisTV yesterday.

Works very well and I consider to buy, but I have one problem:

As my card delivers 4:3, if I switch aspect to 4:3, I have a good picture with the right proportions - and, sure, black bars on top and bottom, if the station sends in 16:9.

But if I switch aspect to 16:9, or (this is it all about) to fullscreen on my 16:9-Monitor, I still have black bars, and resulting a stretched picture, that looks pretty ugly.

I did not find a solution by using Zoom or changing the settings, so - if there is none, that I just missed, I would ask you to add some kind of "vertical stretch"-option in the aspect menu.

If my concern is not fully clear or understandable, I could try and make some screenshots.

In hope of a positive response, regards,

Juergen
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Re: How can i get "real" 16:9-Picture?

Post by Chris »

You can try to use the Zoom feature. Make sure you disable first "Keep aspect ratio" and resize the rectangle of the zoom as you wish.
Also in Image and Sound settings, set Aspect ratio mode to stretched.
Torni

Post by Torni »

"resize the rectangle" was the magic word ;) - only tried the "zoom factor" before and that didn't work.

ok, not really comfortable, especially with my htpc's gyro-mouse ;) - but at last i have a perfect picture now. thx! ;)

experienced some ascyncronity (up to 1-2 seconds) between picture and sound yesterday. came up suddenly and seemed to stay only for a while before getting better again, then returning every couple of minutes. any tips/advices for this?

regards, juergen
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

experienced some ascyncronity (up to 1-2 seconds) between picture and sound yesterday. came up suddenly and seemed to stay only for a while before getting better again, then returning every couple of minutes. any tips/advices for this?
Please attach ChrisTV.log file from ChrisTV folder.
Torni

Post by Torni »

decided to permanently use chris-tv and bought it a couple of minutes ago - i'm pretty sure, some existing minor problems will soon be solved ;)

for the asynchronity: seems only to appear in preview-mode. did not experience this in timeshift-mode until now...

logfile is attached.

another little problems is, that i managed to crash chris-tv a couple of times by switching through the channels (e.g. moving from channel 3 to channel 9 with the up/down-keys). picture then suddenly freezes, no more sound, chris-tv has to be restarted. this ONLY happens in timeshift-mode. maybe you guys could also take a look at this ;)

best, juergen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Have you tried to disable timeshift snd re enable it back?
Torni

Post by Torni »

yes, this works 2 out of 3 times. sometimes nothing more works and you have to restart the program.

so, switching off timeshift is some "workaround", but you might understand, that this is not really comfortable. also, that switching programs with timeshift enabled takes up to 3 sec.

besides these point(s) (and the asynchronity, wich might be a problem on my system only and wich i don't care for, as long, as i can stay in timeshift mode all time), chris TV pvr runs REALLY cool. i like it ;)

so my only feature request at this point is to overwork switching programs within timeshift and make it faster and more stable.