Scheduler does not record files

Solve your ChrisTV PVR related problems ( Read this before you post )
Also please check the Tips&Tricks Forum, you might find a fix for your problem.
Fokke Nauta
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Scheduler does not record files

Post by Fokke Nauta »

Hi all,

Using ChristV Pro for a while. It always worked fine. Since 6.20 Pro was available I installed that version. Also that worked fine, but haven't used it for some time now. Yesterday I entered a film in the scheduler, but later seemed that nothing was recorded. The channel settings are fine, preview is fine, the path to the directory where files should be recorded is correct.
Tried to do some test recordings this morning, but again nothing was recorded.
When I am in the menu option "Recording settings", and click on "Start recording", the tv is recorded perfectly. So - basically it works. Only the scheduler does not work.
What can be wrong?

I will upload the log file and xml file for your perusal.

Thanks beforehand for your help.

With regards,
Fokke Nauta
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fokke Nauta

Re: Scheduler does not record files

Post by Fokke Nauta »

New development:

I re-installed ChrisTV Pro 6.20. Did not uninstall it first.
Now it works but with a serious limitation:
If ChrisTV is up and running, and I make an entry in the scheduler, it will record the tv signal.
However, if I make an entry, save it and close ChrisTV, it will startup by the agent but with an empty preview screen and the following error message:
"Access violation at address 00605EDA in module 'Christv.exe'. Read of address 00000000. Do you want to continue running ChrisTV?"
So - in this case nothing further happens and nothing is recorded.
I can reproduce this problem. When ChrisTV is running, it will record a file. When it's not, it wakes up but with an error message and won't run or record.

What to do next?