Silent Recording Option

If you have any suggestions/comments concerning ChrisTV PVR Software post here
b00sfuk
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by b00sfuk »

Don't know if I'm missing something obvious but it really needs a silent recording option. When a scheduled recording starts then ChrisTV should be minimised and the sound muted - i.e. unobtrusive and in the backgound.

Also for unattended recording I also can't get it to wake up from Standby (S3).

Less importantly I would also like to see integration with EPGs (such as Digiguide - I've used DABDig which provides basic support), timeshifting and other MPEG2 encoder choices.

As a comment I am otherwise really impressed with the video and recording features.
Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler »

I also think a silent recording mode would be a very good addition.
skoldenborg

Post by skoldenborg »

I agree, this feature would be very welcome. I would like this mode to be very lightweight and display no splashscreen and not open any video window at all or at least not initialize overlays/etc.

I would like this mode to be tested so it works in the background without disturbing any programs (except where it's unavoidable of course). Call me crazy but I actually want to be able to play games while the recording is going on but if I try doing this now christv will switch from the game (fullscreen) to the desktop when recording starts/stops.