Vertical Zoom For 16/9 Screens

If you have any suggestions/comments concerning ChrisTV PVR Software post here
planoide
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by planoide »

Hi there, and thanks again for this wonderfull soft.

I have just received a superb 16/9 flat screen on which I watch TV with ChrisTV of course; the main problem is that the 16/9 screen stretches the image horizontally and it's a pity to have the two black strips when watching a 16/9 movie...

Would it be possible to add a feature that stretches the TV image vertically ?

Thanks in advance and enjoy the hollidays !
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

How is the aspect ratio set in ChrisTV ?
You can always use the Zoom Function in Program Settings and so you can adjust the image in the way you want to strech it.
planoide

Post by planoide »

Thank you Chris; now indeed I can do it with the zoom function (although it's difficult to get to the exact result)

What would be cool is to add a visualisation aspect in the TV Window / Aspect ratio menu : there is the HDTV 16:9 format; I need the exact reverse : I receive TV in the 4:3 format but I have a 16:9 screen; I would therfore need à 9:16 aspect ratio (or in PCTV coordinates a 1:1 aspect ratio...)

Then, 2 modes would be useful ;
- if the 4:3 TV image is full (no black strips) then it would be a "small" 1:1 format with black strips on the left and right side of the image; this is feasable by using the "ajustable" aspect ratio in the menu, but then again a bit difficult to get the exact result...

- if the 4:3 TV image is a for example a film or a native 16:9 image, with balck strips above and below, then it would be a "large" 1:1 format to make the balc strips desapear and ejoy the 16:9 screen in full size; this is already achievable with the zoom function.

Do you thinkl this is something that could be added ? It already exists in some DVD players for example. I guess more and more people are getting 16:9 screens (especially new TV flat screens)

Best regards

Emmanuel
joerg

Post by joerg »

I second planoide -- this is a feature I'm really missing. I'm using a 16:10 flat screen monitor, too. Now, in full screen, I always get black bars all around the picture (and the zoom mode is not easy too use). What I wish is the possibility to switch between two modes: for 4:3 tv images, the image should use all the height of the monitor with some black bars on the left and right; for 16:9 tv images, it should use all the width of the monitor with (very small) black bars on the top and bottom.
Other programs, e.g. DScaler or GBPVR do this already (but they are way inferior to ChrisTV in other ways...)
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

In next release you will be able to set the Aspect Ratio Mode between :
- streched ( like is now in ChrisTV )
- letter box ( letter box the video, and the background color will be black in the excess region )
- crop ( crop the video to the right aspect ratio )
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

ChrisTV 4.60 has this feature.