Changes In Mpeg Recording

If you have any suggestions/comments concerning ChrisTV PVR Software post here
jamesb
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by jamesb »

-Suggestion: Allow for recording other types of audio with MPEG.
-Reason: Your program automatically capture MPEG audio when capturing MPEG-1/MPEG-2. MPEG audio is NOT one of the DVD requirements, but is an option. To meet DVD specs a DVD must contain either AC3 or PCM. I suggest finding a way to do it like WinDVR 3 where you can choose to capture any of the 3 audio formats. (Note: WinDVR 3 is the ONLY app that can capture AC3, so with this feature you could have the best Direct to DVD app out there)

-Suggestion: Allow for the choice of capturing Interlaced or Progressive MPEG
-Reason: Currently, your program flags all recorded MPEG-2 streams as progressive. Unless one of the deinterlace filters is applied to the capture, then the video is not decoded correctly (it is an interlaced image, being played back as a progressive image). I suggest just having a choice where you can click either Interlaced (sets the interlaced flag on the capture) or Deinterlace (choice of deinterlace filter and sets progressive flag)

A few words of encouragement: I love your program. I am still using the thirty day trial and if these features can be implemented I will quickly purchase it. I feel your choice of using the Intervideo Video Encoder for MPEG capture was awesome, because it takes up much less CPU power, and comparable quality with other realtime MPEG encoders. While I do not feel this software is a good PVR software (no timeshifting) it IS a good program for TV viewing and capturing. Keep tweaking it and it could quickly become one of the top capturing app's and add timeshifting and enhance the scheduling and it could become a great PVR app. I feel that picture quality is second only to Dscaler, and think your way of offering deinterlace filters is ingenious. The disable preview while capturing option is a good feature too that very few apps have.
jamesb

Post by jamesb »

-Suggestion: Allow capturing MPEG at 704x480 and 640x480...
-Reason: Many standalone DVD players will play these resolutios. Also, people that are having dropped frames at 720x480 may be able to lower the amount with one of these intermediate resolutions. Also, for people that re-encode to 352x480, 704x480 re-sizes much better since 704 is a multiple of 352.