Hauppauge Hw Mpeg Encoder Cards

If you have any suggestions/comments concerning ChrisTV PVR Software post here
PhilipBCook
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by PhilipBCook »

Currently using Chris-Tv V4.2 Pro

When ever the machine is rebooted my PVR350 card goes back to some standard MPEG encoding settings. Thus it requires many clicks of the mouse to reset my favourite encoding rates (designed to squeeze three episodes of Star Gate onto a DVD !). Getting the original file encoding just right saves lots of time later by avoiding having to re-encode when I edit and build the DVD.

Can Chris-TV store sets of encoding parameters and load them to the PVR.

Philip
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

In next version of ChrisTV, you will have the option to create MPEG HW recording profiles and Hauppauge PVR 150/250/350/500/USB2 users can set custom (supported by encoder) frame sizes and hardware encoder settings.
So Hauppauge PVR series users wont need to change directly the tv card driver encoder settings anymore.
PhilipBCook

Post by PhilipBCook »

Thanks Chris,

I think you just made an excellent program perfect...at least for my immediate needs.

When I register V4.2 Pro do I get the upgrade free, for the additional features I would like.

Being a shareware author myself (though my progs are not of such a challenging nature) I appreciate that development costs time, and as such needs ongoing revenue to justify it.

I am going to post in the Hauppauge forums the good experience I am having with Chris-TV so I hope the recommendation brings additional income for you.

When totally frustrated the other day, trying to get acceptable performance from my Via EPIA M10000 (mini-itx) mobo and PVR350 I said to myself 'what I need is a third party app that can talk to the pvr350 but give me access to an mpeg decoder that supports my video chipset using overlay and DirectX mpeg acceleration, and all on a WinME platform'.

A quick trip to TUCOWS found me Chris-TV which is just what I am looking for.

Keep up the good work.

regards ..

Philip

Oh, one other wish. I am running my system using the S-Video TV out from my mobo and displaying on my lounge tv set. A skin (or similiar) that makes Chris-TV more usable on the lower resolution display would be nice. When I am trying to configure Chris-TV it then I am currently using Beyond Remote to 'remotely operate' the interface from another machine on my network.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

As you can find on http://www.chris-tv.com/purchase.html :
ChrisTV's registered users will receive free upgrade versions and updates of ChrisTV program, till version 5.00.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

In next version of ChrisTV, you will have the option to create MPEG HW recording profiles and Hauppauge PVR 150/250/350/500/USB2 users can set custom (supported by encoder) frame sizes and hardware encoder settings.
So Hauppauge PVR series users wont need to change directly the tv card driver encoder settings anymore.

This features are available in ChrisTV 4.50.

More details on http://www.chris-tv.com/news.html