Scheduler

If you have any suggestions/comments concerning ChrisTV PVR Software post here
GraemeFalkner
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by GraemeFalkner »

I use the scheduler to key in the details of all of the TV programs that we watch, so they can be recorded and watched later.
I have a number of suggestions for improvements to the scheduler:
1. A Print button. At present I have to use screen dumps to get a print out of what I am recording.
2. A way to edit the task name. If you need to change the task name, the only way is to delete the task and re-enter.
3. An option to have the Record File Name match the Task Name. Currently I enter the task name, select it, copy it, then click ok, and paste it into the Record File Name each time I set up a new task.
4. If you set up a Weekly Recording to start on a particular day, the "Every" list should automatically tick that day. Eg I set a weekly recording to start on Saturday, then when I try to save it complains that I haven't ticked any days, and I have to tick "Saturday". It should know I want to record on Saturday because that is the starting day.
5. If I enter a task and it overlaps with an existing task, there is no warning. Eg I set a 1 hour program to start at 8pm, then later I enter a half-hour program to start on a different channel at 8:30pm, there is no warning. At 8:30 my 1 hour program stops, and channel switches to the 8:30 program. Perhaps you could colour overlapping tasks in red?
6. I would like an option to start X minutes before and end X minutes after. Eg I want to record a program from 8pm-9pm. To be sure I don't miss the start - in case my PC clock is wrong, I set it to start at 7:55pm. Later, when checking my schedule against the published program guide, I have to compare 7:55pm with the published time of 8:pm. It would be better if I could set my task to the correct published times, and ask it to start/end 5 or 10 minutes early/late.