Buffering/memory Timeshift

If you have any suggestions/comments concerning ChrisTV PVR Software post here
tmuk
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by tmuk »

Hi Chris,

Great program you have written there! When I'm using ChrisTV I often miss an odd word/scene so I only ever skip back a few seconds. (I realise this accumulates each time i skip back). At present this is possible with timeshifting, but I am weary of constantly writing to my harddisk.

Would it be possible to extend the timeshift feature so it buffers data in memory rather than writing to disk. With the amount of ram in todays computers it should be possible to put aside "at least" 60 megs for 30 seconds of timeshift.

The user could allocate the amount of memory s/he wants to use for timeshifting (or it could calculate the memory needed for a certain number buffered seconds).

What do you think? I think its a good idea that no other PVR seems to have implemented...

Thanks,
T.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

At the moment there is no way to create a timeshift memory buffer, but you could try to use a usb flash memory stick as timeshift buffering drive.
tmuk

Post by tmuk »

A very good suggestion! I'll get myself a flash drive and let you know how it works...

Thanks,
T.