Improvement For Winlirc Remote Control Support

If you have any suggestions/comments concerning ChrisTV PVR Software post here
subsonik
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by subsonik »

Hi Chris,

the winlirc support in ChrisTV is very useful, however, it's a pity that ChrisTV doesn't recognize the repeat codes.

If I press "mute" on my remote control, ChrisTV keeps muting and unmuting. If I press "1", I end up with channel 11 instead of channel 1.

Implementation should be fairly simple, as winlirc is already sending out a repeat code:

Code: Select all

00000378043f52ad 00 tv_mute 0728
00000378043f52ad 01 tv_mute 0728
00000378043f52ad 02 tv_mute 0728
00000378043f52ad 03 tv_mute 0728
00000378043f52ad 04 tv_mute 0728

The second field in the winlirc output is the repeat code. If ChrisTV would only react when this field is "00" (except for volume!) the problem would be resolved.

Thanks in advance!
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

At the moment we do not have any remotes that will work on COM so we could make some tests.
Is there a way to test without a remote ?
Please attach your winlirc config file.
vbvos

Post by vbvos »

Hello,

Don't know if this is the correct place to submit this, but I have had some success using a keyboard macro program to translate whatever the remote is sending to its receiver (obviously you should have the corresponding software loaded). For example, I was able to establish that the remote for my ASUS TV card (not the one that is supported by the ASUS utility (remote master or whatever it is called) but a cheaper version supplied with the card I bought) -- was sending codes that translated to CTRL-x and CTRL-SHIFT-x sequences that made sense to the bundled (but horrible) Home Theatre app. Once I had configured my macro program to interpret these codes for ChrisTV only, it was easy to translate most of the codes sent by the remote to key presses that ChrisTV understands.

I suspect that most unsupported remotes send similar "keystrokes" that can be intercepted and translated to something useful. I am even using keys on the remote to start up totally unrelated applications now ;-)

I am not related in any way to Pitrinec software so I am not going to divulge that the software I am using is called Perfect Keyboard Pro. Instead, please Google for "keyboard macro program download" and select the utility that seems appropriate to you.

Paul
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Thanks for your feedback.

Have you tried the free software available in this topic :
http://forum.chris-tv.com/index.php?sho ... ost&p=9784 ?