Windows 7 & Vmr9

If you have any suggestions/comments concerning ChrisTV PVR Software post here
creator
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by creator »

Hello!

I just tried the new 5.40 version of ChrisTV Professional. All versions including the last, cause pixеlated image in fullscreen mode under Windows 7 RTM. I found that Windows 7 have something wrong with "VMR9 Windowed" renderer. Systems with ATI and NVidia video cards have the same issue with "pixelization". All programs that use VMR9 in "Windowed" mode suffer from this issue. On the other hand, all programs that uses VMR9 in "Renderless" mode have a good scaled image. On Vista OS both of "Windowed" and "Renderless" modes of VMR9 work fine.

Is it possible the newer versions of ChrisTV to support VMR9 in Renderless mode or support EVR? Is there a workaround of this issue?

My TV Tuners are PowerColor TV Wonder 650 and Sapphire Theatrix 550 (with hardware mpeg2) and video card is ATI 4870x2 on 24" monitor BENQ FP241WZ (1920x1200).

Screenshtots (cropped) from Windows 7:
Image Image

Screenshots (cropped) from Vista:
Image Image

P.S. Sorry for my English. I am not native English speaker.
reeven
Advanced Member

Post by reeven »

In Hardware Mode?

Or in Live Preview?

In Hardware mode i have the same problem like you, but in Live Preview all are ok.

Also, the same problem with original default Leadtk application, in VMR9 mode, but not in VMR simple mode.
SageTV in VMR9 has the same problem, i use EVR for this one.

All are on Win7.
creator

Post by creator »

reeven @ Aug 14 2009, 09:35 wrote: In Hardware Mode?

Or in Live Preview?
I have the issue in both of modes.

I have tested the KMPlayer too:
"KMPlayer" + "VMR9 Windowed" renderer causes the same issue.
"KMPlayer" + "VMR9 Renderless" renderer plays video files / watch TV fine.
Louie
Advanced Member

Post by Louie »

I have problem under Pinnacle PCTV 310i too... :unsure:
My TV Card: Pinnacle PCTV 310i
creator

Post by creator »

It is very disappointing that the author of the ChrisTV has no opinion about this issue! :blink:
Arioch
Advanced Member

Post by Arioch »

I was just trying to solve this problem when I find this thread. Sadly the only solution I have found is to use the Overlay renderer, which disables aero. To me that is not a satisfying solution since I run a setup with 4 screens and usually watch tv on only one of them, whilst working on the others. I really hope this issue can be solved.
Arioch
Advanced Member

Post by Arioch »

I just found these drivers, which was not there 4 days ago when I installed Windows 7. They do not solve the problem. But still, they are newer drivers for Windows 7.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/w ... %20Edition

It says Theater 750, but it supports 550, 650 and 750 chips.

Also an update on the issue, for me overlay only works some times. Not always. It seems ChrisTV is working a bit strange in Windows 7.
creator

Post by creator »

The new version ChrisTV 5.41 still doesn't have the fix. :(
creator

Post by creator »

YES!!! :)

The new 5.50 version of ChrisTV supports the EVR renderer and this fixes the issue. Thanks!