Web Interface

If you have any suggestions/comments concerning ChrisTV PVR Software post here
roryGleeson
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by roryGleeson »

Hi,

Any plans for web interfacing software for this?

Either html or ideally for me a wap interface.

I am looking for software that will allow me access my T.V card via my mobile phone. So if for example i'm out and realise i want to record soemthing i can do it remotely from my mobile.

I have broadband, and a gprs enabled phone. Although normal WAP over gsm should suffice. So if there was some kind of web interface the above should be possible and also very handy. Think of it, your down the pub and realise your favourite simpsons is on, no problem, hit a few keys on your phone and away you go !!!

I downloaded the demo version and it looks pretty good so far. But for me access via my phone is the main feature i am looking for.

Your thoughts are appreciated. Also, is there any way I can write some java application to interface with your software (in the absence of a web interface) that will allow me do the same.

Rory
plewylli

Post by plewylli »

Wouldn't it be better to check for girder-like solutions than to integrate web support into ChrisTV? If you find a way to do that, you can do anything.
If possible I would want my TV program to access the net as little as possible, i.e. not.

Of course if it would be possible for christv to accept command line parameters, it could be solved that way. Integrating a web interface just doesn't look like being the best solution, but who am I to judge...

kind regards,
Peter
NOPIK
Advanced Member

Post by NOPIK »

For example:
irremote support both WAP and WinLIRC
eberon

Post by eberon »

I was just headed to the forums to discuss this very topic. Good thing I looked for threads first!

One step at a time, I say. I would love to see even a mini-HTTP server built into the scheduler because as many people have pointed out, it is often when you are NOT at your computer that you realize you want to record something.

I think this would make ChrisTV the ultimate. I would even be willing to pay a small upgrade fee to see this feature implemented in a down-the-road version.

I wonder how Chris feels about this.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

We will add this to our TODO list for ChrisTV Professional :
Scheduler with HTTP Server controled from the internet through the html and maybe through WAP
(ps : is an executable client better ?)
plewylli

Post by plewylli »

Since it looks like it'll be done anyway, I might as well give some input.

* Yes, a separate client maybe.
I always like to know when a server runs, especially when it's able to
"take OVER my TV-card" :-)

* https?

* not runnnig by default
dag

Post by dag »

An executable client would be most appriciated. And while you are at it make some software to support Hauppauge Media MVP; either an interface option or take complete control over the box. The standard sw from Hauppauge is not the best.

Dag
Dag