Christv 4.10 + Pvr350 - Flawlessly ...

Make your ChrisTV PVR work better and solve any settings problem
Stormbringer
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by Stormbringer »

Hi @all!

Just wanted to drop this comment:

Installed the lately released ChrisTV 4.10 Professional and tried it together with a Hauppauge WinTV PVR350 (latest wdm driver, latest mpeg decoder driver, XPSP2).

Works absolutely great when configured the right way. If anyone is interessted I'll put up an illustrated guide on how I configured everything.

Since ChrisTV is untested under Windows XP MCE i'll give it a try with MCE 2005 (Hauppauge Freestyle Driver, Nvidia MPEG Decoder) and report back how things worked out.

For the moment there's only one more thing to say:

I'd like to express my best thanks to everyone in the ChrisTV Team ... you're awesome guys! Thanks for giving us complete support for Hardware MPEG TV-Cards.
Stormbringer

Post by Stormbringer »

Ok, no go for ChrisTV and Media Center Edition.

ChrisTV starts up but doesn't display anything since there's no TV-Tuner, TV-Audio and TV-Crossbar device ("Program Settings" -> "Driver Settings") available through the media center driver; only the Video Capture Source is available there.

As far as I understand MCE it reads the video/audio feed directly from the mpeg decoder and uses the microsoft tuning system for channel switching. If there isn't a way around then ChrisTV doesn't seem to work with Media Center Editon.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

The MCE services need to be closed before you can use any 3rd party software.

Try to use the attached ChrisTV_MCE.bat batch file, you should check if the path to ChrisTV.exe is the same for your configuration.

So you should make a shortcut to this batch file and launch ChrisTV in this way.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stormbringer

Post by Stormbringer »

Thanks for the bat-file Chris!

Now ChrisTV even works with Media Center Edition ... veeeery cool thingy. ;)

The Setup consists of MCE 2005, Hauppauge Freestyle Driver 1.18.22266 and Nvidia DVD Decoder 4.00.58 (the commercial Version from Nvidia's Website). Tested and works reliably.

But there's one more question, Chris: How do I set the desired MPEG Bitrate for the "Hardware MPEG Recording" in ChrisTV?

Example:
In WinTV2000 I can either choose one of the predefined Profiles (i.e. 8Mb/s CBR, 320Kb/s Stereo, ...) or create a custom one (i.e. 5-8Mb/s VBR, 384Kb/s Stereo, ....). I'm either missing such an option or I'm unable to find it.

Could you give me a clue?

Thanks and cheers.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

You can change the TV Card MPEG Hardware Encoding Settings in Program Settings->MPEG Hardware Encoding->Recording.
Choose in the MPEG Hard. Encoding combobox Capture Device or Encoder Device and click the "Settings" button.

At the moment you can not create/customize the Profiles for this type of recording.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Works absolutely great when configured the right way. If anyone is interessted I'll put up an illustrated guide on how I configured everything.
In order to help other users, please post this guide.

For some tips&tricks for your MPEG Hardware Encoding TV Cards, please check : http://forum.chris-tv.com/index.php?showtopic=1148
Numerobis

Post by Numerobis »

Stormbringer @ Dec 11 2004, 19:58 wrote: Hi @all!

Just wanted to drop this comment:

Installed the lately released ChrisTV 4.10 Professional and tried it together with a Hauppauge WinTV PVR350 (latest wdm driver, latest mpeg decoder driver, XPSP2).

Since ChrisTV is untested under Windows XP MCE i'll give it a try with MCE 2005 (Hauppauge Freestyle Driver, Nvidia MPEG Decoder) and report back how things worked out.

For the moment there's only one more thing to say:

I'd like to express my best thanks to everyone in the ChrisTV Team ... you're awesome guys! Thanks for giving us complete support for Hardware MPEG TV-Cards.
Please post this guide. I really like Chris TV and recording works flawlessy. Only watching and channel switching is doing some problems. I don't know why but sometimes there is only mono sound, when there should be steroe and sometimes its like everything was lagging and the picture is stuttering.

Greetz Numer0bis
Stormbringer

Post by Stormbringer »

Chris wrote:

In order to help other users, please post this guide.

Ok, I'll try to write you a detailled guide on how to setup the PVR350 with Media Center Edition. Expect it to be online during this weekend.

EDIT : The guide can be found here : http://forum.chris-tv.com/index.php?showtopic=1174
Skyliner34

Post by Skyliner34 »

Does ChrisTV use the S-Video TV Out on the Hauppauge PVR 350 and show OSD like SageTV and GB-PVR?

Thanks

Sky
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

@Sky,

ChrisTV does NOT have (yet) support for the Hauppauge PVR 350, video out.