Epg With Xmltv Support

If you have any suggestions/comments concerning ChrisTV PVR Software post here
symphony
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by symphony »

Hi,

Firstly thank you for your great program, it is one of (if not the only) tuner program supporting the Hauppage WinTV family properly. :)

I would like to ask a feature, if there will be an osd-like epg support (something like the attachment), using xmltv's listings. For some countries xmltv is the only way to use the epg features (recording, what's on, info about it, when will it end etc.), and i don't want to try/use other programs just beacause of the epg, when i'm already satisfied with the ChrisTV application. ;)

I really love to use a feature like this :wub: and even if your answer is a no, please tell me why. I already tried to code an xmltv supporting tv guide app myself, i know it is not an easy job, but i'm intrested in your opinions.

Thank you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GeertJ

Post by GeertJ »

I would like to add that this would definitely be a vast improvement! You have my vote.
cvos

Post by cvos »

Hi all, (and Mr ChrisTV)

Following up on this thread i definitely would like some ChrisTV native support for xmltv generated listings.

The EPG support from ChrisTV is beginning to look nice (but limited to a few countries considdering the programs offered) and even though 3rd party programs like webshifter looks nice and have many features, it remains yet a 3rd party program that has to be bought.

For me ChrisTV remains the top pc tv viewing program (if not the best) but being curious as i am i do try other programs as well; this brings me to the GBPVR program which does have built-in support for xmltv and sets a nice example there as how nice such an integration could be. (I won't discuss BGPVR other features since it hardly seems relevant in this thread - but i do admin its configuration is hard to get right and has way less tweaking options then ChrisTV).

This being said, please considder native xmltv support (or xmltv file output). the XMLTV program isnt that complicated to use (userwise) and to generate listings (if you follow up the instructions propperly) and it does have a wide range of countries it supports.

This would add tremendous value to ChrisTV. (i cant even start to enumerate how many shows i missed due to lack of decent showlisting and or listing monitoring on my behalf).

Friendly regards,

Christophe Vos - licensed ChrisTV user.
Louie
Advanced Member

Post by Louie »

Dear Chris!
Will be this feature in 5.xx version??? I like this feature in MediaCenters, but thats not working corectly with my PCTV Pro card. :wacko:
My TV Card: Pinnacle PCTV 310i
markus00

Post by markus00 »

I have just purchased the program and I am very happy about it.

But I do miss this feature to add Epg info. Can not find the function in ChrisTV.
Should this be available in the future?
Plazzmex

Post by Plazzmex »

Yeah.. really, what about OSD EPG support ?
i'm very miss it.. it's very needed feature for me.