BBC Iplayer - unable to download

General Discussion about ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro
Download videos from 30.000+ websites with Link Finder
TheBoys7885
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Re: BBC Iplayer - unable to download

Post by TheBoys7885 »

I got Getflix too but noticed downloads are really slow now, like 5 hours to download casualty episode. Have you experienced any issues?
PeterG

Post by PeterG »

Hi,

I haven't had any problems with downloading - although it can take a hour or so to download, depending on the time of day as my internet connection is fixed wireless as i live in the country, not a city or town.

Not sure how you download, but this is what I do.

When file is copied onto the Downloader, it appears with the following “Video size: 1280x720, Bitrate: 5510kb/s.

I change it to – Video size: 960x540, Bitrate: 3117kb/s

Even with this change, the file is still over 1gb for ~ 60 minutes – which is large enough for me.

What file quality are you downloading - as I assume that the higher the quality, the larger the size as well as time.

cheers
PeterG

Post by PeterG »

Hi Chris,

I have got VideoTube Downloader Pro - Lifetime License (v 10.09.29) and use Getflix. This has worked in the past, but has not worked over the last few days.

It copies and pastes the file as usual, but then I get the error message that the Stream can't be accessed.

any suggestions to get around this

thanks Peter
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Please try version 10.10.06:
https://www.videoyoutubedownloader.com/
PeterG

Post by PeterG »

Hi Chris,

works now - thanks for quick response

cheers Peter
WavRyder

Post by WavRyder »

The inability to successfully download from BBC iPlayer has just started for me. (i.e. during last week).
I'm using ChrisPC Video Downloader Pro version 10.10.06 and getting no error messages but on completion of the supposed download (watching WiFi Receive in Task Manager shows the data coming in), clicking on the Play Now button results in no action. Checking file location shows there's nothing there. Checking during download also shows no part file being formed.
I'm running with Build 18262.1000 Version 1809 Windows 10 Home Insider Preview.
Is the problem with the Windows 10 build or the Downloader Pro software? Downloading from youtube works fine, so its downloading from the BBC IPlayer that's the problem
The problem started when using the previous Downloader Pro version, (but with the same OS Build 18262.1000).
Any suggestions for a fix?
Thanks in anticipation,
WavRyder
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

WavRyder wrote:The inability to successfully download from BBC iPlayer has just started for me. (i.e. during last week).
I'm using ChrisPC Video Downloader Pro version 10.10.06 and getting no error messages but on completion of the supposed download (watching WiFi Receive in Task Manager shows the data coming in), clicking on the Play Now button results in no action. Checking file location shows there's nothing there. Checking during download also shows no part file being formed.
I'm running with Build 18262.1000 Version 1809 Windows 10 Home Insider Preview.
Is the problem with the Windows 10 build or the Downloader Pro software? Downloading from youtube works fine, so its downloading from the BBC IPlayer that's the problem
The problem started when using the previous Downloader Pro version, (but with the same OS Build 18262.1000).
Any suggestions for a fix?
Thanks in anticipation,
WavRyder
Looks like the software is not correctly installed. Re-install version 10.10.06 and make sure that your antivirus/firewall is not blocking www.chris-pc.com and www.chris-tv.com websites.
WavRyder

Post by WavRyder »

Many thanks, Chris. Your solution worked perfectly and I'm now able to download as before.