Videos Not Saving

General Discussion about ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro
Download videos from 30.000+ websites with Link Finder
bballref09
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Videos Not Saving

Post by bballref09 »

I have tried downloading several videos from different sites using link finder, as well as advanced link finder. It finds the video, and begins to download. After waiting for the download, it shows it has finished, but the video is no where to be found. As you can see, the main download shows the file is ready to play, but in the history the status shows that it was not downloaded. Please help?
chrispc.jpg
chrispc2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Re: Videos Not Saving

Post by Chris »

Let us know the links you've tried.
bballref09

Post by bballref09 »

Mainly anything related to espn. Like I mentioned, it finds the links just fine and even starts the download. But when it says it is done, there is no video file to be found and the history even shows that it has not been downloaded.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

We can't test as we don"t have access to those videos.
bballref09

Post by bballref09 »

Its espn+ subscription, so unless you have the service you can't test anyway. I guess I'm out of luck!

It makes no sense that they detect, show they are downloading, show they have completed, but then are no where to be found. They just disappear!
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

bballref09 wrote: 22 Oct 2021, 21:06 Its espn+ subscription, so unless you have the service you can't test anyway. I guess I'm out of luck!

It makes no sense that they detect, show they are downloading, show they have completed, but then are no where to be found. They just disappear!
We can't identify the issue without testing it.

You can try Link Finder Expert and check if it finds any MPD.
jonse

Post by jonse »

I was having exactly the same problem, using the default video save folder

\Users\..\ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader\

Appears to download video then audio then converts then says ready to play but no files to be found, although the TMP folder could be seen during download.

I then changed the download folder to my server Videos folder mapped as V:\ This worked

Screenshot below showing the history of various "failed" downloads to the default folder and the succesful download to V:\
History.JPG
This was the link I was downloading

https://www.my5.tv/show/our-yorkshire-f ... n-1/winter

Hope this helps someone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

jonse wrote: 30 Oct 2021, 02:22 I was having exactly the same problem, using the default video save folder
Is this with latest version 14.21.1022 ?

It's possible that it might have been another issue, maybe your antivirus/firewall blocking full access to that folder. Doesn't matter if tmp folder is created.