Soft Mpeg Encoder Requirement

Make your ChrisTV PVR work better and solve any settings problem
jrisch
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by jrisch »

Hi, I've just started trialing ChrisTV to overcome problems with my Pinnacle PCTV Stereo capturing video. My primary objective is to capture broadcast tv and subsequently transfer to DVD. I would like to capture in a way that gives least problems in transferring to DVD. I currently use Nero VisionExpress for most of my simple transfers, and Pinnacle Studio 9 if I want a more complex DVD. Up till now I've captured in MPEG2, DVD format, 720x576.

At present ChrisTV won't capture in MPEG format saying I need the Intervideo 3 MPEG 1/2 Filter. I have the Morgan M-JPEG codec V3 installed. I'm surprised that I need a specific one (I'm assuming a codec and a filter are the same).

I've tried downloading the Intervideo filter and got two files InterVideoSDK.zip and iviencoder3.exe. I've expanded and run these but still get the same message. Have I got the right files, if not can someone point me to them.

If I use AVI for recording and set the size to 720x576 the capture files are huge. Has anyone any suggestions for compression filters. In addition the sound is corrupted.

I'd appreciate some advice to cut down the experimentation.

Regards, jrisch
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

After you have installed the InterVideoSDK then execute the instW2k.cmd or instW9x.bat in order to install the mpeg encoder.

If you still have problems, please attach/post your ChrisTV.log file.
jrisch

Post by jrisch »

Hi Chris, Thanks for getting back to me. I suspect the codec is not installing for some reason. I've attached a jpeg of the video codec list from the properties of Video Codecs, and it doesn't show Intervideo. However I've no idea why it doesn't install. The SDK appears to install OK but the Start menu only shows one item, "Uninstall Enable". The instW2k.cmd (which I assume you use for WinXP) runs past too fast to see if there are any error msgs.

Could there be a conflict with another codec? I'd assumed they should sit happily side-by-side. Any suggestions?

Regards jrisch
jrisch

Post by jrisch »

Here's the Log file
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

This MPEG Encoder is not a Codec si an Encoding DirectShow Filter.
Try to uninstall the SDK.
Reboot the PC and install SDK and run the instW2k.cmd file again.
jrisch

Post by jrisch »

Thanks, again, Chris.

Problem is now resolved. In case you want to add to your list of tips etc, the prolem seemed to stem from the instw2k command file not executing fully. Maybe one of the commands failed and stopped the whole sequence. However when I ran the commands manually, some of the deletes failed as the files weren't there but after, ChrisTV recognised the filter, and my testing can proceed.

Thanks again.

Regards, jrisch