Ffdshow Support?

If you have any suggestions/comments concerning ChrisTV PVR Software post here
AndyIEG
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by AndyIEG »

I just started with TV Card stuff, but seems this player is very good and work with directshow filter graph?

So how about the integration of ffdshow?

What is ffdshow? Its a postprocessing filter with many nice options, it also is an audio and video decoder wich can nearly decode any audio and video format out there.

The main reason ppl use ffdshow else than decoding is the postprocessing features. U can resize the picture with various advanced routines (lanczos2-10, spline) wich grants better quality than overlay or vmr9 bicubic or hardware mode.

U have access to the latest dscaler & mplayer or whatever deinterlace routines. Tonns of denoise filters, sharpen, stuff like gamma control and much much more....

In some media player's like zoomplayer or others u have firect ffdshow support. Would be nice to have this added here too...

U can read more about ffdshow here: http://ffdshow.sourceforge.net/tikiwiki ... ticles.php

If u have question u can send Milan Cutka (Main developer or me a mail)
Should be easy to integrate ffdshow in the filtergraph beetwen the decoder and the renderer.

PS: here is a tutorial wich show what most users use ffdshow for in a HDTV enviremont. http://htpcnews.com/main.php?id=ffdshowdvd_1
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

ChrisTV is NOT a player, is a PVR (Personal Video Recorder) and is rendering live TV video in preview and recording modes.

FFDshow can't be used at the moment, because in ChrisTV graph is nothing to decompress/decode between video source filter and video renderer. The output pin of the Video Capture Source does not connect with the FFDshow input pin.

If there is a workaround or we missed something, please let us know.
AndyIEG

Post by AndyIEG »

Chris @ Sep 17 2004, 08:48 wrote: ChrisTV is NOT a player, is a PVR (Personal Video Recorder) and is rendering live TV video in preview and recording modes.

FFDshow can't be used at the moment, because in ChrisTV graph is nothing to decompress/decode between video source filter and video renderer. The output pin of the Video Capture Source does not connect  with the FFDshow input pin.

If there is a workaround or we missed something, please let us know.
ffdshow have thw "raw" mode feature and will connect to any source, this way it acts as pure postprocessing filter.

As example a graph for a xvid movie would look like this.

file souce -> avi splitter -> org. xvid decoder -> ffdshow raw filter -> vmr9

a dvd graph like this:
dvd source -> mpeg2 splitter -> whatever mpeg2 decoder -> whatever dmo filter -> ffdshow raw mode -> vmr9/7 or overlay mixer

PS: can u post the normal dshow filter chain for the TV playback? I can try connect ffdshow in graphedit9?
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

From Video Capture Source DirectShow Category, choose your TV Card and the TV Playback is made like this :

Video Capture Source Filter ->VMR9
AndyIEG

Post by AndyIEG »

Oki i got ffdshow to work with the capture drivers, both work the video raw and the audio raw filter.

The graph show like this for my card:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/Andy22/graph.jpg

So it should be no problem to integate ffdshow in the filter graph for both audio and video and with it u got tonns of new processing filters for free :)

The audio filter has some denoise and other crazy filter options avaible in the latest versions.

Should be also np to add fdshow in the recording chain, since ffdshow has Avisynth filter support too u can use whatever Avisynth script in the recording chain to get real y good captures. The deinterlace options are also very good in the latest version. I mainly need the level and resizer + denoise filters.
plewylli

Post by plewylli »

> i know that normal europe TV is 320x240

PAL is 720x576 (or 768x576, depending), which could be better compared to screen resolution, but isn't that bad. VHS-tapes on the other hand give 320x240 like quality.

kind regards,
Peter
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

It seems that the raw ffdshow filter is working correctly in the graph most of the time.

What version of the dscaler di_*dll and flt_*.dll files are supported ?, because with the latest from dscaler it crashes ffdshow.

Should be also np to add fdshow in the recording chain, since ffdshow has Avisynth filter support too u can use whatever Avisynth script in the recording chain to get real y good captures. The deinterlace options are also very good in the latest version. I mainly need the level and resizer + denoise filters.
You can use for recording the FFDShow Video Compressor and enable the FFDshow Image Processing.
AndyIEG

Post by AndyIEG »

Chris @ Sep 17 2004, 15:13 wrote: It seems that the raw ffdshow filter is working correctly in the graph most of the time.

What version of the dscaler di_*dll and flt_*.dll files are supported ?, because with the latest from dscaler it crashes ffdshow.

You can use for recording the FFDShow Video Compressor and enable the FFDshow Image Processing.

For me all di_*.dll and flt_*.dll work out of the actual cvs from dscaler 4.xx.
(i used my own fresh compile of the dscaler cvs)

What ffdshow version u use?

PS: so u can add ffdshow support in some of the next versions? :)
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

ChrisTV 4.60 has support for FFDShow Video Raw filter.