Improving The Zoom Function...

If you have any suggestions/comments concerning ChrisTV PVR Software post here
rijack
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Post by rijack »

Hi!

I'd like to se som improvements to the Zoom Tool.
The tool itself is great, but I'd like some user interface improvements.

This is my idea.

In addition to the exsisting zoom tool there should be something I've called ZoomWiz, a wizard to in the picture do the zooming very easy.

The function should have a key-command so that you can call it from any kind of remote software or similar (I use iMon for example).
For my example i've chosen Ctrl-W to start the ZoomWiz and Ctrl-Z to jump between the zoom settings. These might allready be taken, but you'll see my idea.

When you press Ctrl-W the ZoomWiz starts and your first task is to, using a graphical thingie, set the location of the top left corner of your picture. Place it and click - this step is done.
Next you're asked to set the location of the bottom right corner of the picture and click - this step is done.

ZoomWiz now zoomes this area in a stretched manner.

Now you can jump between 4 different zoom modes.
1. Stretched zoom
2. Maximize Width
3. Maximize Height
4. No Zoom

I've attached a picture to illustrate it more clearly.

The current zoom-tool isn't very Home Theatre PC-friendly since you need to practically sit by your "desk" to modify it. :blink:

Let me know if something is unclear.

Best regards,
/Richard
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jpeshek

Post by jpeshek »

For capturing analogue TV, VHS, etc. it would be nice to be able to record the image as zoomed. Right now, when I set a zoom of, say, 3%, as soon as I hit record, the zoom disengages, and the recorded content still shows the original aspect.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

jpeshek @ Nov 26 2005, 16:29 wrote: For capturing analogue TV, VHS, etc. it would be nice to be able to record the image as zoomed.  Right now, when I set a zoom of, say, 3%, as soon as I hit record, the zoom disengages, and the recorded content still shows the original aspect.
You are refering to video croping while recording.
Croping is available only for AVI and software MPEG recording.
Croping is not available for hardware MPEG recording, because the TV card is streaming MPEG and ChrisTV is saving it in a file. To crop the video, you have to demux the MPEG stream in video and audio, decode the video stream, reencode it and then remux it back, this will have a very high CPU usage and the point of having TV card with MPEG hardware encoder is very low CPU usage and good MPEG recording.
You can edit the recorded MPEG file after recording using a Video Editing software.