is there a problem?

General Discussion about ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro
Download videos from 30.000+ websites with Link Finder
ferret
Advanced Member
https://ask.fm/kuchniewarszawa

Re: is there a problem?

Post by ferret »

can this deletion thing be incorporated into the next (and future) updates? im very wary of deleting files as im not really that "techy" and am fearful of deleting something else which may render the program ineffective.

i dont see why it cant as in a way when we update we are re-installing the product anyway as it replaces existing files and code with the new "improved" version?
Neil_B

Post by Neil_B »

After deleting the "bak" file earlier in January as requested, VideoTube Downloader Pro ran Registration Request Free until the 19th when, after a Windows Update and restart, the request box returned. Figured I might as well then update to the latest build.. wait.. and see. The next day (the 20th) the Request repeated itself twice. This morning I again took the ".bak" file out of play and took out the "XML" file as well. The program started up beautifully and is now quietly running resident again. Checked the Help Registration window; registration data appeared correct and secure.
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

Please let us know which version you are running.
Have you tried latest version 12.13.25: https://www.chris-pc.com/download.php?i ... er_pro.exe
ferret
Advanced Member

Post by ferret »

did the new update as requested. downloaded three videos, then left the downloader open in case i wanted to do any more.

Then it the program shut down on its own without me closing it. i then went to re-open it, and guess what? I WAS ASKED TO RE-REGISTER AGAIN as "my trial period had expired". For goodness sake.

I almost wish i was back to how i used to be - paying the 25 odd quid a year for an annual subscription, as there was never any hassle then. Of course the only good thing about all this is i am not having to pay for this continual inconvenience....having won a free license in a draw you did a couple of years ago. If i had paid for it i would have demanded a refund....as you do for anything else in life that is continually faulty!
Chris
ChrisPC Support Team

Post by Chris »

We are trying to find the issue.

Please try the following, a full file uninstall:
1. Close VideoTube
2. Uninstall it.
3. Delete the content of the "C:\Program Files (x86)\ChrisPC VideoTube Downloader Pro" (note that the videos download history will be lost, so if you want to make a backup, just copy ChrisPCTube.dat file to a safe location)
4. Restart your PC
5. Install version 12.13.25.
ferret
Advanced Member

Post by ferret »

so i did what you said, step by step. reinstalled the package with the latest update after deleting all the old files from C drive and rebooting. i didnt backup the download history as i dont need to and never have in the 4 odd years ive been using this.

Started to downloaded videos. so far so good (although i noticed that even when deleting files that had, for example, 600mb showing, it now does it in video then audio, separately, before preparing the file by combining it like it does with the other form of files which dont give the memory and says 144p DASH eg).

Then.... about 5 minutes after i finished, the program closed by itself, i then went to re-open it and BINGO. the prompt to re-register appears for what feels like the millionth time.

Im seriously losing faith in the reliability of this now... i appreciate you are doing what you can but i fear that nothing will resolve this issue and get the program back to working like it used to... which seems a distant memory to me now
ferret
Advanced Member

Post by ferret »

Touch wood.... it seems to be working without any more hitches.... thank you